- Curriculum & Instruction, University of Akron, Ph.D.
- Elementary Administration, Ashland University, M.S.
- Elementary Education, Mississippi State University, M.S.
- Elementary Education & Library Science, Mississippi State University, B.S.
- 2005-current, Malone University; Director, Center for Professional Development, School of Education
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Education Department
- 1998-2005, Sandy Valley Local School District, K-2 Elementary Principal, K-12 CD, Federal Programs Coordinator
- 1995-2000, Ashland University, Adjunct Faculty Member
- 1981-1999, Osnaburg Local School District, 3rd grade and Kindergarten teacher, Jr.-Sr. High Media Specialist
- 1994-1995, Stark County Educational Service Center, Sabbatical through Christa McAuliffe Fellowship/ SEEDS project
- 1976-1981, National 4-H Council, Washington, D.C., Program Specialist for citizenship, leadership, and cultural exchange programs
- 1974-1976, Columbus, MS City Schools, 2nd and 3rd grade teacher
Content Reading Strategies to undergraduates, for both early childhood and middle/secondary educators. I teach teacher workshops on topics such as Framework for Understanding Poverty, Cultural Awareness, Children’s Literature and Grant Writing.
I live on a fourth generation family apple orchard, Varian Orchards, with my husband. I love to travel and learn about other cultures.