- Ph.D., English Literature, Kent State University
- M.A., English, Kent State University
- B.A., English, Kent State University
- Assistant Professor of English, 2015-present
- Instructor of English at Malone, 2002-2014
- Lecturer of English at Malone, 1997-2002
- Adjunct faculty at Malone, 1990-1997
- Adjunct faculty at Walsh University, 1992-1997
- Instructor of English in Canton City Schools, 1987-1989
- Faculty Advisor of Alpha Rho Iota chapter of Sigma Tau Delta
Recent Scholarly Work
- Publication: “Jane Austen’s Appetite for Stewardship and Hospitality: Food in Pride and Prejudice.” Iowa Journal of Cultural Studies. Vol. 19, 2019.
- Publication: "Chekhov's 'Enemies'" The Explicator 62.2 winter 2004
- Presentation: “The Picturesque in Jane Austen’s Work.” Jane Austen Society of North America. Solon, Ohio. April 12, 2019.
- Presentation: “The Cobb as Anchor against Eternal Ruin: The Influence of Lyme’s Cobb on the Renewal of Anne and Wentworth’s Love.” Jane Austen Society of North America: Persuasion: 200 Years of Constancy and Hope. September 28, 2018.
- Presentation: (with Cindy Ries) “Using Writing Mentors in First-Year Writing Courses.” Northeast Ohio Writing Centers Association. Kent State University at Stark. February 24, 2018.
- Presentation: “’Do not swear and it’: The Food of Hospitality in Shakespeare’s Much Ado about Nothing.” Midwest Modern Language Association. University of St. Louis. St. Louis, Missouri. November 10, 2016.
- Presentation: “Negotiating Human and Nonhuman in Shakespeare’s Much Ado about Nothing: An Ecotheological Perspective.” The 39th Annual Ohio Valley Shakespeare Conference Negotiating Shakespeare: History, Culture, and Context. Bowling Green State University. Bowling Green, Ohio. October 10, 2015.
- Presentation: “Passions and Pemberley: Jane Austen’s Christian Care for All Creatures.” Jane Austen Society of North America: Jane Austen and the Sublime.” Malone University. Canton, Ohio. April 11, 2015.
- Presentation: “Festival, Masque, and Performance in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.” The 55th Annual Convention of the Midwest Modern Language Association. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. November 10, 2013
- Presentation: “’Subdue the earth and have dominion over it’: An Ecotheological Approach to Animal Passions in Shakespeare’s Much Ado about Nothing.” 2015 Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference. The Newberry Library. Chicago, Illinois. November 9, 2013.
- Presentation: “’A kind overflow of kindness’: (In)Gratitude and Hostil/pitality in William Shakespeare’s Much Ado about Nothing.” The South-Central Renaissance Conference: Exploring the Renaissance 2013. Creighton University. Omaha, Nebraska. March 22, 2013.
- Presentation:"'A contract of mutual agreeableness': Social and Financial Contracts in Three of Jane Austen's Novels," M-MLA, Cincinnati, Ohio, November 10, 2012.
- Presentation: "Bread from Heaven: Manna as Symbol in the Work of Donne and Marcell," SCRC, St. Louis, Missouri, March 5, 2011
- Panel: "'Refuse the evil and choose the good': Genuine Choice in Harry Potter," A Muggles Symposium, Malone University. Canton, Ohio, October 29, 2007
- Panel: "Assigning and Evaluating Student Papers," Malone University. Canton, Ohio, September 13, 2005
- Gen 100 The College Experience
- Eng 120 Elements of English
- Eng 145 Composition I
- Eng 142 Composition II
- Eng 200 Literature and Society
- Eng 200 OL Literature and Society
- Eng 240 Foundations of British Literature
- Eng 260 Professional Writing
- Eng 260 OL Professional Writing
- Eng 265 Jane Austen and Film
- Eng 322 World Literature
- Eng 322 OL World Literature
- Eng 352 Shakespeare