- B.S., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Longwood University
- Ed.S., University of Virginia
- Ed. D., University of Virginia
- High school teacher - Buckingham County High School, Buckingham, Virginia
- Assistant principal - Fluvanna County High School, Palmyra, Virginia
- Principal/coordinator/director - Fluvanna County Public Schools, Palmyra, Virginia
- Assistant superintendent - Dinwiddie County Public Schools, Dinwiddie, Virginia
- Executive director - Southampton County Public Schools, Courtland, Virginia
- Superintendent and deputy clerk - Patrick County Public Schools, Stuart, Virginia
- Adjunct professor - Patrick Henry Community College (Martinsville, VA), Liberty University (Lynchburg, Virginia), Gardner-Webb University (Bowling Green, NC)
- Online Course Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, School Law, Personnel, Policy, Evaluation, and Testing
- Professional Superintendent License, Ohio Department of Education
- Ohio Leadership Advisory Council Certified Facilitator
- Blackboard Training Certified
- Moodle Training Certified
Recent Scholarly Work
- Peer-reviewed journal article - Managing Stress As A School Leader – The Navigator, OAESA, Winter 2016
- Peer-reviewed journal article - The Leadership Model Of Jesus And Its Application For P-12 School Faculty, The V.O.I.C.E. Journal, Fall 2016
- Professional presentation - Leadership in a Devastating Crisis, Buckeye Association of School Administrators (BASA), February 2016.
- Professional presentation – Teaching Ethics for Educators Embedding Ethics Instruction into Teacher Education and Leadership, Ohio Deans Compact Annual Conference, February 2016.
- Lead grant writer – New Incentive Grants: Improving the Capacity of Ohio Institutions of Higher Education to Prepare All Educators to Meet the Needs of All Learners – Priority 2, Ohio Deans Compact on Exceptional Children – Fall 2015 (Received Grant)
- Principal investigator - New Incentive Grants: Improving the Capacity of Ohio Institutions of Higher Education to Prepare All Educators to Meet the Needs of All Learners – Priority 2, Ohio Deans Compact on Exceptional Children (Fall 2015 – present).
- Lead Grant Evaluator and Grant Evaluator - New Incentive Grants: Improving the Capacity of Ohio Institutions of Higher Education to Prepare All Educators to Meet the Needs of All Learners – Priority 1, Ohio Deans Compact on Exceptional Children (December 2015).
- Ohio Department of Education program evaluator and consultant – June 2016