- Ph.D., Philosophy, Saint Louis University, 1997
- M.A., Philosophy, Baylor University, 1992
- B.A., Philosophy, Baylor University, 1989
- 1999-Present, Professor of Philosophy, Malone University
Recent Scholarly Work
- “Violence and the Obligations of Charity,” forthcoming in 2016. Proceedings of American Catholic Philosophical Association.
- “Substatial Goodness and Nascent Human Life” HealthCare Ethics Committee Forum 3 (September 2015), 229-248. Special Issue on Goodness and Human Life. Guest Editor: Stephen Napier.
- Editorial introduction for a special issue of Christian Scholar’s Review XXXIX (Summer 2010).
- “Education as Soulcraft: Exemplary Intellectual Practice and the Cardinal Virtues,” Studies in Christian Ethics (August 2010), 249-266.
- “Preferential Divine Love (Or, Why God Loves Some People More Than Others)” Philosophia Christi 11.2 (Winter 2009), 359-376.
- “Aquinas and the Obligations of Mercy,” The Journal of Religious Ethics 37.3 (September 2009): 449-471
- “Aquinas’s Philosophical Theology,” The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Jim Fieser and Bradley Dowden eds., hosted by the University of Tennessee at Martin.
- “Morally Serious Pedagogy,” Christian Scholar’s Review 36 (Spring 2007), 245-261.
- The Seven Capital Vices
- Dante and Aquinas (Junior Honors Seminar)
- Current Issues in Applied Ethics
- God and Natural Law
- Renaissance/Modern Philosophy
- Theories of Human Nature
- Ancient/Medieval Philosophy
- Ethics: God and the Good Life
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion