- Ph.D. Ohio State University
- M.A. Ohio State University
- M.S. Ohio State University
- B.S. University of Cincinnati
- Palm Beach Atlantic College (1994-2000)
- Malone University (2000-present)
Recent Scholarly Work
- Article: "Faith Integration and the Irreducible Metaphors of Disciplinary Discourse" Christian Scholars Review Fall 2009.
- Poems: "The First Dark Feeder Band," and "Forty," both in Ohio Teachers Write, Spring 2009.
- Book Review of A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian D. McLaren, reviewed in The Chesterton Review, Spring/Summer 2008.
- Foundations of American Literature
- Modern Literary Theory
- Literature in Society
- English Composition
- World Literature
- World Cinema
- Faith in the World Seminar
- Topics courses
I'm married to Ginny, a nurse, and we have three children. I belong to Akron Christian Reformed Church, I grow vegetables, and I play Bocce and the Mountain Dulcimer.