- Ph.D., University of Durham
- M.Div., Asbury Theological Seminary
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota
- Professor of Biblical Studies, 2016-present
- Associate Professor of Biblical Studies, Malone University, 2009-2016
- Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies, Malone University, 2004-2009
- Ordained Deacon in the United Methodist Church (East Ohio Annual Conference)
Recent Scholarly Work
- "Subverting Texts, Subverting Power: Luke's Rewriting of Amos in Acts 15:16-17." Paper presented at the Rewriting in Luke and Acts conference in Roskilde, Denmark, June 2014.
- Respondent to Niels Willert's paper, "Luke's Portrait of Jesus and the Political Authorities in his Passion Narrative: A Rewriting of the Passion Narratives of the Other Gospels," at the Rewriting in Luke and Acts conference in Roskilde, Denmark, June 2014.
- "Mercy." Pages 584-588 in Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. rev. ed. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2013.
- Dynamic Oneness: The Significance and Flexibility of Paul’s One-God Language. Eugene, OR: Pickwick, 2010.
- Panelist, J. Arthur Heck Lectures, United Theological Seminary, Dayton, OH, April 2010. Reviewed Craig A. Evans' Fabricating Jesus: How Modern Scholars Distort the Gospels.
- "Predicting Heresy: Paul's Rationale in 1 Cor 15:24-28." Paper presented at the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, November 2009.
- Review of William M. Greathouse, Romans 1-8 and Romans 9-16. New Beacon Bible Commentary. Wesleyan Theological Journal 46 (2011): 212-214.
- Review of Stephen Westerholm, Perspectives Old and New on Paul: The 'Lutheran' Paul and His Critics. Scottish Journal of Theology 60 (2007): 495-497.
- Introduction to the Bible
- The New Testament
- Synoptic Gospels
- Gospel of Luke
- Acts of the Apostles
- New Testament Greek
- Communicating the Christian Faith
- Senior Seminar
Sue Nicholson is married to Lee, a youth pastor, and they have two children.