Victoria Giegerich, Ph.D., LPC
Assistant Professor, Counseling & Human Development Department
- B.S., John Carroll University
- M.A., John Carroll University
- Ph.D., Kent State University
- 2020-present, Assistant Professor, Counseling & Human Development Department, Malone University, Canton, OH
- 2019-2020, Assistant Professor; Addictions Certificate Coordinator, Counseling & Human Development Department, Walsh University, North Canton, OH
- 2018-2019, Adjunct Instructor, Counseling and Human Services Department, John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH
- 2017-2018, Adjunct Instructor, Counselor Education & Supervision Department, Kent State University, Kent, OH
Recent Scholarly Work
- Cureton, J. L., Giegerich, V., Riccutti, N. (2020, Writing in Progress). Readiness to address substance use in a rural, low income region of a legal marijuana state.
- Giegerich, V., Hall, A., Cureton, J. L., McCartney, J., & Geething, K. (2020). Teaching interpreted counseling practice: A step toward multicultural competence. Counselor Education & Supervision, 59, 172-186. doi: 10.1002/ceas.12182
- Cureton, J. L., Giegerich, V., & Murdock-Bishop, J. L. (2020, Revised & Resubmitted). Addressing heterosexism: Student narratives of a guided imagery experience.
- Osborn, C. J., Giegerich, V., Tolbert, Y., Marder, S., & Emanuelson, G. (2020). Collaboratively learning motivational interviewing (MI): A faculty-student MI learning community. Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 13. http://dx.doi.org/10.7729/42.1379
- Cureton, J., Kreider, H. D., & Giegerich, V. (2019). Counselor professional identity development: Narratives from a professional event. Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 12. Retrieved from: https://repository.wcsu.edu/jcps/vol12iss1/5
- Storlie, C., Giegerich, V., Harris, T., & Byrd, J. (2018). Conceptual metaphors in internship: Creative journeys in counselor development. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health. doi: 10.1080/15401383.2018.1439790
- Cureton, J. L., Giegerich, V., & Murdock-Bishop, J. L. (2017). Guided imagery on career related oppression of clients of color and other marginalized groups. Experiential Activities for Teaching Social Justice and Advocacy Competence in Counseling. doi: 10.4324/9781315180687-62
- Gehlert, N., Schmidt, C., Giegerich, V., & Luquet, W. (2016). Randomized controlled trial of imago relationship therapy: Exploring statistical and clinical significance. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, 0, 1-22. doi:10.1080/15332691.2016.1253518
- Yip, K., Heinberg, L., Giegerich, V., Schauer, P., and Kashyap, S. (2011). Equivalent weight loss with marked metabolic benefit observed in a matched diabetic vs. non-diabetic cohort twelve months following gastric bypass surgery. Obesity Surgery, 22, 1723-1729. doi:10.1007/s11695-012-07198
- Giegerich, V., & Hall, A. K. (2020, October). Integrating spirituality in recovery: Addressing interpersonal trauma in addiction counseling. Virtual Education Session to be presented at the All Ohio Counselors’ Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Hall, A. K., & Giegerich V. (2020, October). “I just blank out”: Counseling interventions for clients experiencing trauma-induced dissociative symptoms. Virtual Education Session to be presented at the All Ohio Counselors’ Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Giegerich, V., & Hall, A. K. (2020, August). Cultivating the sacred in recovery: Addressing interpersonal trauma in the midst of addiction. Education session accepted at the ASERVIC 2020 Conference, Columbus, OH
- Giegerich, V. (2020, May). Addressing spiritual disconnection in clients with addiction: A treatment approach. Education Session at the OASERVIC Workshop, Canton, OH
- Giegerich, V., Litam, S., & Dari, T. (2019, November). “Drugs help me forget the pain”: Understanding the bidirectional nature of trauma and addiction. Preconference Session presented at the All Ohio Counselors’ Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Hall, A. K., & Giegerich, V. (2019, October). Infusing culturally responsive counseling interventions through collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches into counselor education coursework for deaf/hard of hearing clients. Education session at the ACES 2019 Conference, Seattle, WA.
- Giegerich, V. (2019, July). Modeling connection: Ethically responding to supervision alliance ruptures. Education session at the ASERVIC 2019 Conference, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Lessick, A., & Giegerich, V. (2018, November). Addressing stigma in substance use disorder treatment with empowerment. Education Session presented at the All Ohio Counselors’ Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Cureton, J., Giegerich, V., McCartney, J., Hall, A., & Geething, K (2018, October). Counseling with interpreters: Teaching students culturally responsive skills for Deaf and other clients. Education session presented at NCACES Conference, Cleveland, OH.
- Giegerich, V. (2018, July). Spiritual disengagement among clients with addiction: A treatment approach. Education session at the ASERVIC 2018 Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Osborn, C., Giegerich, V., & Lessick, A. (2018, March). Promoting skillfulness in motivational interviewing as a learning community. Ohio Counseling Association Spring Conference, Independence, OH.
- David K. Brooks Award for Professional Service—April, 2019
- ASERVIC Board Member Nomination—October, 2018
- Counselor Education and Supervision Faculty Award ($1000)—April, 2017
- Association for Humanistic Counseling – Emerging Leader Award—January, 2015