Graduate Assistant Coach (Several positions open)
Position: To assist head coach in all aspects of administering and operating a Division II Program within the rules of the University, the conference, and the NCAA.
The following GA positions are available:
Assistant Women's Softball Coach
Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach
Competitive Club Sports Director
Tentative start date: August 1
Sport Specific Duties
- Assist head coach with all aspects of operating the sports program.
- Coaching a specific position, or group of students.
- Prepare scouting materials.
Assist with recruiting process to include reporting and updating prospect lists in a timely manner and maintaining a data base with visits and contacts
- Film Exchange
- Practice field set up
- Assist with : summer camps, housing, pre-game meals, away game meals.
Additional Duties and Requirements
- A bachelor's degree is required and successful candidate must be accepted into one of Malone University's graduate programs (Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts in Education, Master of Science in Nursing, Counseling-MAEd, Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership).
- Must understand and agree with the Malone University doctrinal statements of Christian belief.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic director.
- A proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Proven effective relational skills are also required. A demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of people and a demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and complete projects independently is essential.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) is required, a readiness to navigate the campus database is essential.
- Proven time management skills, the ability to prioritize and record keeping abilities are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of sensitive materials is essential.
- Current valid driver’s license and availability for frequent regional travel is required.
- Hours per week are anticipated to vary based on the needs and fluctuations of the sports season, but shall not exceed 25 per week.
- Evening, weekend and overnight commitments will be necessary at times.
NOTE: The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check (to be administered by the Malone Human Resources Office).
How to Apply
- Send a cover letter addressing the specific GA position, faith statement, and resume with three references to the attention of the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please indicate the specific GA position in the subject line of the email.
- Fill out the Employment Application.