Graduate Assistant—Athletics Recruiter
About the position
Recruit and assist prospective student-athletes (PSAs) through the process of admissions. Answer questions and advise PSAs and their parents of procedures and requirements for the process of admission at Malone University. Report directly to the Admissions Counselor for Athletics. Assist the Office of Admissions with fall travel and spring travel as needed. Participate in evening and weekends events as necessary.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate mass communication to the active pool of PSAs.
- Maintain weekly touches /contacts with individual PSAs.
- Assist in the entry and updating of PSA data in the database/CRM system.
- Recruit in-person at admissions visits and local athletics events/showcases
- Assist the Office of Admissions with fall travel and limited spring travel including but not limited to high school visits and college fairs.
- Interact and work effectively with diverse constituencies, including coaches, faculty, Registrar’s Office, Center for Student Success and others as needed.
- Be flexible in work hours.
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules and regulations, and with conference rules and regulations regarding the recruitment of athletes.
- Cold calling, texting, email communication, in-person recruiting, and follow-up meetings with PSAs
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must exhibit a personal understanding of, and operate in concert with the Mission statement and Foundational Principles of the University. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant, applicable field is required. Previous experience at an institution of higher education in the admissions area is preferred.
A proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing is essential. Proven effective relational skills are also required. A demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of people, a commitment to diversity and a demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and complete projects independently is essential. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) is required, a readiness to navigate the University proprietary database (Jenzabar) and the Admissions CRM system (JRM) is essential.
Proven time management skills, the ability to prioritize and record keeping abilities are essential. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of sensitive materials is essential. Hours per week are anticipated to vary based on the needs and fluctuations of the recruiting and events cycle.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, faith statement, and resume with at least three references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses) to Ann Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.