Graduate Assistant—Men's Lacrosse
Malone University is seeking applicants for a graduate assistant coaching positions in Men's Lacrosse.
About the position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: the planning and coordination of team practices, training and travel. The maintenance and oversight of practice facilities and equipment. Recruitment of mission-fit prospective student-athletes with the potential for off campus evaluation of prospects as requested by the head coach. Oversight of the academic progress of all student-athletes within the sport program.
Essential duties, tasks, and responsibilities
- Serve as the head coach to the reserve team (if applicable)
- Fill role of assistant to the varsity program. In the event of a conflict, reserve team responsibilities trump varsity activities
- Structure reserve training sessions and assist in planning varsity sessions
- Attend varsity training, along with home and away games
- Assist with the recruitment of reserve and potentially varsity student-athletes
- Maintain agreed upon office hours as set by the head coach
- Facilitate agreed upon academic requirements for players (study table, tutoring sessions etc)
- Assist with driving duties for road trips if approved by the university insurance provider
- Reinforce the department mission to be Christ-centered, athlete-focused and coach driven
- Perform additional duties as assigned, fully aware that duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time (with or without notice)
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Acceptance into Master’s program
- Valid driver’s license
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Early morning, evening, and weekend hours required based upon competition and practice schedules. Significant time standing.
How to apply
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.