Assistant – Nursing Academic & Clinical Support Services
About the position
Provide support and stability to the daily operations within the Nursing Academic & Clinical Support Services. Under the supervision of the Director, this individual works collaboratively with faculty and staff to deliver multiple and various learning activities for students that complement classroom and clinical experiences.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Exemplifies the essence of a professional Christian nurse in knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Helps to determine students’ needs and assists the student to complete assigned learning activities; completes corresponding documentation as required.
- Provides academic and clinical learning support to students as needed.
- Facilitates and/or administers assessments of student learning under the guidance of the Director for NACSS.
- Facilitates and helps with logistics related to student learning activities (set-ups/tear-downs, tutoring and special topic presentations, etc.).
- Instructs and supervises students on proper and safe use of all equipment; maintains a clean working environment.
- Serves as a resource for student workers as needed.
- Communicates any special instructions or occurrences directly to the Director of the NACSS, either in-person or by writing a note in the Communication Book.
- Assists with pre- and post-semester preparations, such as inventory, routine cleaning, data collection, etc..
- Assists with additional projects or other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This individual will hold a current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio, have a minimum of the Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, and at least three years of full-time, recent clinical practice experience.
This people-oriented position requires excellent communication skills, a highly detail–oriented and highly organized person and one who is able to work well under pressure. Strong multi- tasking skills, congenial personality and the ability to work independently are imperative. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Limited physical effort is required; limited exposure to physical risk is incurred.
Must be in harmony with the mission and goals of Malone University.
How to Apply
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.