Lock and Key Coordinator/Maintenance
About the position
This position supports the missions of Malone University and its Physical Plant Departments mission by using a catalog system to assign and track keys, assisting in planning, design, and construction of capital projects, and assisting in policy development and management.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
Operating and Maintenance
- Maintain standard specifications for cylinders, keyways, keys, and locksets. Plan, create, and maintain master key flow charts depicting campus systems, and system hierarchy.
- Develop and maintain standard specifications for doors, frames, and door hardware.
- Work with the Safety Department, Student Life, and the Maintenance Manager, and others to plan any access protocols that might need to be updated. Lockdown procedures, Evacuation Plans etc.
- Support facilities staff personnel in the operation of the keys, locks, and knowledge of ADA functions related to doors, frames, locking, and egress requirements for their projects and repairs.
- Receive, process, fulfill, and document key requests from the campus community.
- Work with IT and the Malone University Facilities Manager to successfully troubleshoot, repair, coordinate, for existing and plan new electrical locking, card access, and ADA powered doors.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance of doors, frames, hardware, and locks to minimize campus emergencies.
- Regularly update record drawings to assure that floor plans accurately depict door hardware and door numbers and correspond to the database of key systems.
- Maintain Lock Shop material inventory as well as an inventory control process.
- General maintenance duties as needed to support the Physical Plant.
- Perform emergency maintenance needs as directed. (On Call Duty)
- Work with Designers, Architects, and Facilities Manager, to assure application of Malone University standards.
- Assist in determining the best use of hardware for campus projects to ensure durability and life-cycle cost.
- Attend design and construction meetings as requested by the Facilities Manager.
- Assist in project budget development related to doors, hardware, and electronic entry.
- Process changes, setups and designs for signs.
- Assistant Facilities Manager in ordering parts for the maintenance department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must exhibit a personal understanding of, and operate in concert with the Mission statement and Foundational Principles of the University. Previous, applicable experience in the Lock and Key field of at least 5 years is recommended.
A proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing is essential. Proven effective relational skills are also required. A demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of people and a demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and complete projects independently is essential.
Proven time management skills, the ability to prioritize and record keeping abilities are essential. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of sensitive materials is essential. Current valid driver’s license is required. Hours per week may vary based on the needs and fluctuations of the position. Evening, weekend and overtime commitments will be necessary at times.
How to Apply
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.