About the position
The Maintenance Department Staff Position, (Staff Position) will be responsible for assisting in all activities of the Physical Plant Maintenance Department as assigned by the Facilities Manager and Assistant Manager. Corrective, preventive and facility improvement maintenance are the primary responsibilities of the Staff Position. The Staff Position will work with Facilities Managers to assure that all duties and responsibilities are successfully completed.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
The following duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Perform daily preventive and corrective repair tasks on assigned campus buildings to insure safe and proper operation.
- Complete daily work requests as requested for buildings assigned.
- Safely and properly operate a variety of power and hand tools, to include a drill press, radial saw, table saw, welding equipment, pipe threading equipment.
- Perform daily inspections of heating/cooling and ventilating systems of designated buildings.
- Assist with remodeling and construction projects as assigned.
- Perform emergency maintenance needs as directed. (On Call or Pager Duty)
- Work with contractors on repair or renovation projects as assigned by Facilities Managers.
- Perform miscellaneous Service Department duties as needed.
- Assist Facilities Managers as needed.
- Utilize proper protective equipment to insure personal safety.
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Communicate all emergency conditions to the Facilities Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous maintenance experience of five years is required.
- Preferred experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, blue print reading, and painting is desirable.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written along with a positive work attitude.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Requires shift flexibility, primary shift is days but could change to support campus needs.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license required, and must possess or pass fork lift certification.
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts and scaffolds is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and perform physical work.
- Professional courtesy is required at all times. A neat and clean appearance, including personal hygiene is required daily.
- A work uniform will be provided and is the only acceptable form of dress.
- The Maintenance Department Staff Position reports to the Facilities Manager.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The Maintenance Staff Position is both an indoor and outdoor position and as such could be exposed to the weather elements. Work environment will expose this position to dust and dirt conditions as well as loud operating equipment. Use of personal protective equipment is required. Moderate to High physical activity is required in the performance of the Staff Position. Strenuous physical activities with heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of items over 50 pounds and up to 80 pounds are common. The necessity to work from heights and on ladders, lifts and scaffolds make this a moderate to high physical risk
How to Apply
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.