Position: Records Specialist, Full-time
Start Date: Upon hire
About the position
Reporting to Office Manager, this position has responsibility for the production of all academic transcripts as requested by current & former students and alumni of the university. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the e-transcript services through Parchment, maintaining room reservations and requests for academic endeavors, answering the main phone line, processing all student address changes for the university systems, update web page content, tracking academic forms such as petitions and transient requests, processing and distributing transcript evaluation reports, document scanning & management, transfer credit posting, graduation event planning, and other office duties as assigned. Strong computer skills are an essential component of this position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Process transcript requests for the daily processing along with e-transcript services though Malone Parchment connector.
- Process transcript data for accurate historical reporting.
- Maintain required permanent log of transcript requests as federally mandated.
- Process room usage requests from academic areas; scheduling, tracking and publishing.
- Update Registrar’s web pages with new content and updates.
- Gain an understanding of relevant academic policy along with an ability to guide constituents through those policies.
- Answer Main Phone line as first line of support, transfer to appropriate staff and/or office for further assistance.
- Maintain address changes in the current database and update archival records when necessary. Notify other offices using different computer systems of changes.
- Main office reception desk. First in-line to service constituents as they enter the office.
- Process Tutorial & Advanced Topic forms.
- Process and run letters of completion for students to provide to employers and loan processors.
- Coordinate and route for signatures all Academic Petitions as they are processed by office and other forms as needed.
- Process transfer information and course history for posting on the Malone academic transcript.
- Participate in graduation ceremony planning and organization. Required attendance in all aspects of graduation.
- Type and process letters of notification for the University Registrar.
- Computer Operations. Gain an in-depth knowledge of mainframe computer processes, operations, and functions for reporting data as requested.
- Coordinate the Digital Imaging of student records with the Office Manager, including an understanding of how to operate the imaging computer system.
- Registration and Grade processing during the academic year.
- Other duties as required during peak periods of registration and grading.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful applicant must have the ability to work with students and colleagues in a high-energy environment where multi-tasking is required throughout the regular workday in an environment where the work is flexible and fluid. The applicant should have a strong command of grammar and writing skills for use in proof reading and campus communication with great attention to detail. Critical thinking skills are required along with the understanding of academic policy and programs to assist students and faculty through detailed processes. Strong technical skills and the ability to work within a computer environment is a must as training will be required in the campus administrative system. Use of Microsoft Office products is required.