Service and Grounds Serviceman
About the position
The Serviceman will be responsible for assisting in all activities of the Physical Plant Service & Grounds Department. The Serviceman will work with the Service & Grounds Facilities Manager, Service & Grounds staff members, and student workers to assure that all duties and responsibilities of the Service & Grounds Department are successfully completed.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Assist with campus lawn maintenance, landscape installation, care, and general upkeep of grounds and parking lots appearance.
- Upkeep of all motor pool vehicles to include daily fluid/fuel checks, daily check for interior/exterior cleaning and general maintenance and monthly record of odometer readings.
- Receive all daily shipments to Physical Plant from RPS, UPS and other carriers. Complete delivery logs for all packages received for proper distribution to specific departments.
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of rental vehicles to and from campus.
- Assist with daily campus-wide refuse and recycling collection.
- Operate cars, cargo vans, pickup truck, dump truck, lawn equipment, and field tractor.
- Assist with daily chair and/or table set-ups for campus events.
- Move furniture in offices, classrooms, residence halls, banquet rooms and exterior courtyards.
- Seasonal removal of snow and ice from all pedestrian sidewalks, vehicle driveways, parking lots and building doorways.
- Supervise student work force as assigned by Service & Grounds Facilities Manager.
- Assist Service & Grounds Manager as directed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
High school diploma or GED required. Planning and organizing skills along with good record keeping habits is necessary. Good communication skills and a positive work attitude is vital to this position. Must be available to work any shift for special events, which may include evening and/or weekend programs. Must be available for all snow and ice removal situations or weather emergencies.
A valid driver's license is required with the ability and knowledge to operate pickup trucks, 1-ton dump truck, field tractor, and riding lawn tractors. Must exhibit ability and knowledge in using hand and power tools. Must be able to lift 80 lbs. and perform other physical work.
Professional courtesy is required at all times. A neat and clean appearance, including personal hygiene is required each day.
How to Apply
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.