Counseling and Human Development: Assistant Professor
Start Date: August 2019
About the position
The department of Counseling and Human Development at Malone University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time position as an Assistant Professor to teach in the CACREP-accredited graduate counseling programs (Hybrid Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program, Online Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program, and/or Hybrid School Counseling Program), located in Canton, Ohio. The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate degree in Counselor Education and Supervision and be licensed in the state of Ohio as a Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervision designation (LPCC-S) and/or a Professional School Counselor (LPSC), or have a comparable license from another state and be license-eligible in the state of Ohio. The candidate must have a minimum of three years of clinical counseling in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or School Counseling.
- Teach graduate courses (ground, hybrid and online) in the Master’s-level Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program and School Counseling Program (teaching load is 12 credits per fall and spring semesters and 3 credits per summer semester)
- Develop and revise online, ground, and hybrid courses
- Advise and mentor students
- Serve on departmental, school, and institutional committees
- Engage in community service and scholarship
- Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited institution
- Experienced as a licensed clinical mental health counselor and/or licensed school counselor
- Experience with online education
- Ability to work with diverse student populations and commitment to cross-cultural curricula
- Graduate teaching experience preferred
- Strong commitment to teaching excellence, professional development and scholarly research
- Deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an understanding of and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
How to Apply
Application materials should include:
- completed Malone University Faculty Employment Application form
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (750 words or less) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community
- teaching philosophy
- statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- research statement
- names and contact information for three professional references.
Send application materials to:
D. Nathan Phinney, Ph.D.
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.