Adjunct Faculty: Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
Position: Adjunct Professor in the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
Starting Date: Fall 2017
About the Position
Adjunct faculty in the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts serve as classroom instructors for the basic communication course that is required of every Malone undergraduate. Resources and support are provided to develop to help adjunct faculty meet program requirements.
COMM 110, Communication Skills
Course description: An introduction to the elements of the communication process in its personal and social aspects with special attention given to skill building in public speaking and group process. Writing skills will be emphasized through specific assignments.
- Master's degree required in communication arts or related field
- Strong commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University's mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department
We, the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, are committed to the development of communicators rooted in communities, acting as agents of truth, reflection, transformation, and reconciliation in a way that celebrates God’s grace and faithfulness.
How to Apply
In an effort to find and employ the best qualified faculty, the department maintains an open and rolling application process designed to identify a group of the most highly qualified individuals who may be called upon to teach as the need arises.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian belief in relationship to Malone's doctrinal statement (500 words or less on personal faith commitment and formation)
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor)
Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted
Send applications to:
Jason Moyer, Department Chair
Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897