Adjunct - School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Position: Adjunct Professor in the Graduate Nursing Program (MSN)
Starting Date: Fall 2017
About the position
The School of Nursing & Health Sciences seeks experienced professionals who are committed to Advanced Practice Nurse excellence and the integration of faith in nursing education. Adjunct professors will teach graduate-level nursing course(s) in either the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) and/or the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Track. Qualified candidates have an opportunity to assume coordinator responsibilities for the AGACNP track.
Courses in the MSN program may include both those that are integral to both APRN tracks and those specific to a track. These are part-time positions, allowing for continued full time practice while providing excellent education for your future colleagues. There are no university committee membership requirements to be part of this flexible team of educators. We want qualified colleagues eager to come alongside APRN students to professionally mentor and educate them in practice standards and real life skills as part of a team.
- Teach graduate-level nursing course(s) in either the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) and/or the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Track.
- Qualified candidates have an opportunity to assume coordinator responsibilities for the AGACNP track.
- MSN degree and active licensure required; graduate teaching requires certification related to advanced nursing practice (prefer Adult-Gerontology Acute Care` or Family focus), or an MD with active licensure required and practice experience in internal, emergency, critical care, and specialty medicine.
- PhD, DNP, or MD and teaching experience preferred
- Online teaching experience desirable but not required
- A minimum of five years recent practice experience in at least one of the following specialties: medical-surgical nursing, critical care, community health, or psychiatric mental health with at least three years in full time practice as an FNP or AGACNP. MD with at least three years practice in specialty.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Commitment to Christian faith and the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
About the Department
Learn more about the School of Nursing & Health Sciences
The master’s degree in nursing at Malone University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
How to Apply
Application Materials should include:
- Adjunct Employment Application
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian faith
- Teaching philosophy
- Statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- Names and contact information for three references
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled.