Science & Mathematics - Biology
Position: Assistant Professor of Biology, tenure track
Starting Date: August 2018
About the position
Malone University seeks an assistant professor of biology to join our rapidly growing Zoo and Wildlife and Environmental Science programs. Expertise in Organismal Biology, Conservation and/or Environmental Science preferred.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester.
- Teach lectures and labs in general biology sequence and other courses based on applicant’s areas of specialization (e.g., botany, comparative A & P, ecology, microbiology).
- Advise and mentor students and supervise undergraduate research.
- Engage in scholarship and community service.
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees.
- Ph.D. in Biology by August 2018
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring, professional development and scholarly research
- Commitment to the Christian faith and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
About the Department
Learn more about the Department of Science & Mathematics
The Department of Science and Mathematics consists of 11 full time faculty (four biologists, three chemists, two mathematicians, an exercise science specialist and a computer scientist) with varying research interests. The department currently offers six academic majors, several of which have a variety of specialty tracks. In conjunction with the Department of Education, the Department of Science and Mathematics also offers programs designed to prepare students for secondary school teaching licensure.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- completed Malone University faculty employment application
- statement of Christian faith
- research statement
- teaching philosophy
- statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- names and contact information for three professional references
D. Nathan Phinney, Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin on November 15, with priority given to materials received by that date. However, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.