School of Business & Leadership: Marketing
Position: Assistant Professor of Marketing, Tenure Track
Starting date: August 2018
About the position
Malone University seeks a professor motivated to be an engaging teacher-scholar in the area of marketing. A secondary interest in business strategy is also desirable. This professor will teach at the undergraduate level for traditional students, in Malone’s degree completion (undergraduate) programs for adult learners, and at the graduate (Master's level) in Business. The faculty member will also serve as an adviser to students, serve on program, school, and university committees and participate in service and scholarship activities. Malone seeks to bring the wisdom of the Christian faith into all academic areas. The School of Business and Leadership is ACBSP accredited.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester.
- The successful candidate will be asked to teach some of the following courses and topics: marketing, sales, sales management, marketing management, marketing strategy, marketing research, financial strategy for product development, manufacturing, distribution, advertising and gaining market share, and business strategy.
- Develop online courses and teach in an online environment
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in scholarship and service
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees
- Ph.D or D.B.A. in Marketing or Business, by the time of appointment.
- Experience in the practice of Marketing is desirable
- Personal commitment to the Christian faith and to integrating faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department
The goal of the School of Business & Leadership is to provide both undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs and professional goals of student seeking to integrate Christian values into their work worlds.
The departments in the school include the Department of Business and the Department of Management Studies. The Department of Business offers majors in accounting, business administration, finance, marketing, and sport management. The Department of Management Studies focuses on the nontraditional learner. This is done through the degree completion program. The Accelerated Degree Completion Program in Management offers majors in organizational management, project management, marketing management, and environmental management.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Completed Malone University faculty employment application
- Statement of Christian faith
- Research statement
- Teaching philosophy
- Statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
- Names and contact information for three professional references
D. Nathan Phinney, Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin February 3, 2018.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.