School of Business & Leadership: Business/Management
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Business/Management, tenure track
Starting date: Fall 2018
About the position
The School of Business & Leadership; specific to the Department of Business and the Department of Management Studies, invites applications for a tenure-track position of Assistant/Associate Professor, to begin August 2018. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or DBA in Business Management or a related field and an active research/scholarship agenda. The candidate should have a strong commitment to teaching and be eager to work within a Christian liberal arts college setting. The ideal candidate will be prepared to teach courses on business, management/leadership within Malone University’s undergraduate, degree completion, and graduate programs. Online teaching will be expected and experience in online instruction is desired.
- The normal teaching load is 12 credits per semester.
- The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in business and management/leadership. Courses will be taught in both traditional classroom and online formats.
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in scholarship and community service
- Serve on departmental & institutional committees
- Ph.D. or DBA in Business Management or related field by August 2018
- Strong commitment to teaching and mentoring, professional development, and scholarly research
- Research agenda that can provide opportunities for undergraduate involvement
- Commitment to the Christian faith and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
If applying at the associate professor level, the candidate must meet the requirements for that rank – and specifically should have at least six years of teaching experience at the assistant level and should also have an established research program.
About the Department
The goal of the School of Business & Leadership is to provide both undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs and professional goals of student seeking to integrate Christian values into their work worlds.
The departments in the school include the Department of Business and the Department of Management Studies. The Department of Business offers majors in accounting, business administration, finance, marketing, and sport management. The Department of Management Studies focuses on the nontraditional learner. This is done through the degree completion program. The Accelerated Degree Completion Program in Management offers majors in organizational management, project management, marketing management, and environmental management.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
D. Nathan Phinney, Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin November 15.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.