Class Registration Tips
Consider the following advice for registering for classes:
- Consider your learning strengths and weaknesses.
- Take a reduced course load. You may be more successful taking 12 - 14 semester hours.
- Balance the level of difficulty by taking a difficult class along with others that should be less rigorous.
- Consider the length and frequency of course meetings. Shorter, more frequent meetings seem preferable.
- Consider the instructional technique used. Based on what you know about the your learning styles, strengths, and study skills, look for instructors who teach in a way that lets you utilize these strengths.
- You should become proactive in preparing for classes. Learn about the requirements before the class begins and make use of the intercessions to begin advance preparations.
- Monitor your progress with regular sessions with your academic adviser.