Position: Adjunct Professor in the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
Starting Date: August 2021
About the Positions
- Master's degree required in communication arts or related field
- Strong commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University's mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department
We, the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, are committed to the development of communicators rooted in communities, acting as agents of truth, reflection, transformation, and reconciliation in a way that celebrates God’s grace and faithfulness.
How to Apply
In an effort to find and employ the best qualified faculty, the department maintains an open and rolling application process designed to identify a group of the most highly qualified individuals who may be called upon to teach as the need arises.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor)
Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted
Dr. Andrew Rudd
Chair, Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.