Adjunct: Education Coordinator of Field and Clinical Eperience
About the Position:
Position Level: Instructional Specialist
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
The Coordinator of Field and Clinical Experiences works under the supervision of the Department of Education Chair to identify, secure, schedule, and assess teacher candidates’ field and clinical experiences in accordance with the curriculum and state licensure requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education required; K-12 school experience and Master’s degree preferred
- Strong communication, organization, and technology skills required.
- Commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University's mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department:
The mission of the Teacher Education Program is to, in collaboration with liberal arts faculty and PK-12 educational partners, provide a biblically-based education which prepares knowledgeable, reflective, collaborative educators committed to serving others in order that all individuals may learn and develop to their fullest potential and interact with each other and their environment with respect, compassion, and fairness.
The motto of the Teacher Education Program is "Educators Serving Together," supported by our theme verse, I Corinthians 12:14, "For the body is not one member, but many." Educators must recognize that communities, including educational communities, are diverse and have unique values and needs.
Our purpose and goals are focused on preparing candidates committed to serving others collaboratively and who demonstrate through their knowledge, skills, and dispositions competencies which promote the growth of each learner.
How to Apply:
Malone University values diversity amongst its faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups, as we cast a broad net to identify an individual with a mission aligned with our community.
Malone University values a diverse and inclusive workplace therefore, we seek an individual dedicated to excellence in education and competent in serving all individuals including individuals from diverse backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
- Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community.
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor)
- Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted
Review of application materials will begin on March 1, 2021 with priority given to materials received by that date. However, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Jennifer Webb, Ph.D.
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.