Adjunct Instructor in Philosophy
Position Title: Adjunct Instructor in Philosophy
Starting Date: Open
About the Position:
Adjunct faculty are needed for the following courses:
- Central Questions in Philosophy: An introductory study of central philosophical topics and thinkers. Through careful reading and discussion of foundational texts, students will be challenged to discuss and think clearly about a fundamental philosophical idea or theme such as the existence of God, the nature of goodness, justice, human nature, and knowledge.
- Introductory Issues in Ethics: An introductory study of ethical theories, concepts, and topics. Topics of study may include the nature of friendship, love, virtue and vice, just war and pacifism, bioethics, the just society, and others.
- Introduction to Logic: An introduction to the fundamental principles of logic. The course will cover informal logic, the use of syllogisms, and the basic elements of propositional and predicate logic.
- Master’s degree in Philosophy or a related field
- Strong commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline
About the Department
The department of History, Philosophy, and Social Sciences offers undergraduate majors in Criminal and Restorative Justice, History, Integrated Social Studies, Philosophy, and Political Science as well as minors in Criminal and Restorative Justice, History, Peace and Reconciliation, Philosophy, Political Science, and Sociology.
How to Apply
Application materials should include:
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community.
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor)
Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted.
Send application materials to:
Chair, Department of History, Philosophy, and Social Sciences
2600 Cleveland Ave. NW
Canton, OH 44708
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities