Adjunct: Theatre Director in Residence
Position Title: Theatre Director in Residence
Department: Communication, Visual and Performing Arts
Start Date: Open
About the Position:
- Teach Courses including: COMM 222-Introduction to Theatre, COMM 240/340-Applied Theatre, as well as other courses based on training, expertise and departmental need.
- Direct the fall theatre production; lead the theatre program in collaboration with the Chair of the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, including supervision of Alpha Psi Omega (Theatre Honorary Society); keep regular office hours; and attend departmental meetings as needed.
- While this is a semester-by-semester contract, there is a possibility of renewal for Spring Semester, 2022.
- Master's degree required in Theatre, Communication Arts or related field
- Demonstrated ability in theatrical directing and leadership
- Strong commitment to general teaching excellence and academic rigor
- Subject-specific teaching experience desired
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University's mission, foundational principles, and educational goals
- Commitment to faith and learning in the academic discipline.
About the Department:
We, the Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts, are committed to the development of communicators rooted in communities, acting as agents of truth, reflection, transformation, and reconciliation in a way that celebrates God’s grace and faithfulness.
How to Apply:
In an effort to find and employ the best qualified faculty, the department maintains an open and rolling application process designed to identify a group of the most highly qualified individuals who may be called upon to teach as the need arises.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Adjunct Faculty Employment Application
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt:
Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (250-500 words) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community
- Names and contact information of three references (two professional, one pastor or spiritual mentor)
Transcripts will be requested if adjunct faculty employment is granted
Dr. Marcia Everett
Chair, Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897