Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Starting Date: August 2021
The Department of Counseling and Human Development at Malone University, in Canton, Ohio, is seeking qualified applicants for a position as an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education. This is an in-residence, full-time, 10-month Counselor Education position, starting in August of 2021. Remote candidates will be considered.
The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate degree in Counselor Education and Supervision. This candidate will be licensed in the state of Ohio as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or as a Supervising Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC-S), or will have a comparable license from another state and be license-eligible in the state of Ohio.
- Teaching: Teach three (3-credit hour) courses (ground, hybrid, online) in the fall and spring semesters and one (3-credit hour) course in the summer semester for a total of 21 credit hours per academic year
- Course Revision and Development: Revise courses on a scheduled basis and develop new courses, when needed
- Recruitment: Assist with the admissions process in interviewing, evaluating, and selecting qualified applicants
- Advising: Advise graduate students each semester and assist students with remediation and retention processes, when necessary
- CACREP accreditation: Participate in the ongoing assessment of the program, the curriculum, and student learning
- Scholarship: Engage consistently in scholarly activities related to professional counseling
- Service: Serve the department, the institution, one’s church, and the community
- Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited institution
- Eligible for an Ohio Professional Counselor license within one year
- Experience in counseling, teaching, and supervising counselors-in-training
- Experience with online education
- Ability to work with diverse student populations and commitment to cross-cultural curricula
- Graduate teaching experience preferred
- Established commitment to teaching excellence, professional development, and scholarly research
- Demonstrates how work will further Malone University’s commitment to diversity
- Deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an understanding of and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church – Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 1,700 students with 1,300 undergraduates in traditional and degree completion programs and 400 students in one of five master’s programs.
Application materials should include:
- completed Malone University faculty Employment Application form
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- Statement of Christian Belief and Practice in response to the following prompt: Malone University takes seriously the integration of the orthodox Christian faith and all academic disciplines and requires that faculty (full-time and adjunct) profess faith in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we ask that you provide a statement (750 words or fewer) in which you:
- Discuss your faith in relationship to the University’s Doctrinal Statement and Community Agreement.
- Describe your engagement with a local congregation or faith community.
- Statement of the integration of faith and learning in the academic discipline (750 words or fewer)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Research statement
Please send application materials to:
Greg Miller, Ph.D., Provost
2600 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44709-3897
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of the applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Malone University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, in all university programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or military or veteran status. Malone University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.