The Department of Communication, Visual, and Performing Arts commits to developing communicators and artists rooted in communities, working as agents of truth, reflection, transformation, and reconciliation in a way that celebrates God’s grace and faithfulness.
The overall goals of the Department are:
- To provide students opportunities to develop written and oral communication competence
- To provide students opportunities to develop an orientation for meaningful vocation in a wide variety of communication related careers and activities
- To provide students opportunities to develop the ability to analyze and critique the relationship between communication and culture
Graduates will meet the following objectives:
- Students will demonstrate effective competency in the accepted forms and practices of the disciplinary areas.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to write appropriately and effectively in a variety of communication contexts.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge, application, effectiveness and appropriateness in oral communication contexts.
- Students will articulate a philosophy of work and vocation that reflects an understanding of the nature of work and the relationships between gifts, calling and vocation.
- Students will demonstrate the application of communication theories in various life situations.
- Students will apply communication concepts and skills to personal interaction and group settings.