It is expected that after completing these programs, students will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge base of mathematics consistent with the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) standards.
- Be proficient in mathematics needed to be effective secondary school teachers.
- Demonstrate ability to independently study and verbally communicate mathematics.
- Demonstrate ability to independently study and communicate mathematics in writing.
- Write proofs effectively.
- Have abilities to solve a variety of problems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge base in computer science and information technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethics issues in computer science and demonstrate incorporation of these issues in practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain current with the rapid changes and developments in the computer science field.
- Become conversant in a wide breadth of emerging and entrenched technologies.