How to Apply
- Complete the graduate application.
- Submit two references. Forms provided here.
- Submit an autobiography. Instructions are provided here.
- Have official transcripts sent to Malone’s Graduate and Professional Studies Office.
- Participate in an interview.
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative g.p.a. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete the counseling application and related supplement.
- As a part of the application process, applicants are required to attend an on-campus interview with program faculty. The purpose of the interview is to determine if the applicant evidences a readiness for graduate study and possesses the attributes that will contribute to the successful completion of the degree program and eventual professional/clinical licensure.
An applicant who holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative g.p.a. between 2.75 and 3.0 may be considered for Conditional Admission. Evidence must be provided that the applicant has the potential to be successful in the counseling program. Contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies to discuss the review process. Students admitted conditionally through this procedure will be granted Regular Admission upon completion of 12 semester hours with a minimum g.p.a. of 3.0.