Designed to allow teachers to complete the program entirely online within one year and use your current classroom students for practicum objectives.
The online gifted endorsement may be added to any existing Ohio teaching license after completing the required coursework. This endorsement is designed to help teachers develop expertise in identifying students who are gifted learners, differentiating the curriculum to meet their needs, and providing support for other teachers in meeting the needs of their students as well.
Developed by practicing educators who work with gifted learners, the program allows teachers to focus on the development of the knowledge and skills needed to work with gifted students. Program participants learn to develop competence in differentiating student capabilities to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all learners.
Formatted in the cohort model, this fully online program can be completed within one year. Courses are 8 weeks in duration.
Only six courses (18 credit hours) are needed to complete the program:
- Assessment and Identification of Gifted Populations
- Curriculum for Gifted Learners
- Differentiation and Collaboration for the Teacher of Gifted Learners
- Administration of Gifted Programs
- Learning and Behavioral Characteristics of Gifted and Talented Students
- A practicum is embedded in the above listed courses
Program cost is as low as $350 per credit hour if cohort requirements are met. Financial aid is available and discounted/cohort tuition is guaranteed for the length of the cohort.