At Malone, you can earn your MSN in 24 months. Your coursework includes classroom and online instruction in our hybrid model as well as provides in-depth clinical experiences. With a Christian worldview at the center of all instruction, you'll learn how caring for patients extends beyond diagnosis and treatment.
The MSN is a lock-step, for convenient scheduling, cohort program with small classes and opportunities to pursue your professional goals whether through practice or research. This 24-month program provides internship and practicum hours, which meet the requirements for certification. All graduate students in nursing complete research by selecting a thesis or project format. Therefore, those anticipating the pursuit of a doctoral degree will find a research-based curriculum to support their endeavors.
At Malone, you are immersed in an environment that unites Christian faith, values and ethics in teaching and learning of nursing. You learn to be a committed lifelong learner who delivers exceptional care with Christ-like compassion.
Malone University now offers two tracks:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
At completion of this degree, our graduates:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills that build upon the undergraduate learning and equip the practitioner and clinician for all of the responsibility and accountability practices required in these advanced nurse practitioner roles.
- Exhibit competence in advanced practice with selected populations including an in-depth assimilation of a specialized role, content, and related skills.
- Integrate into one's personal and professional life the attributes needed for successful practice, including the legal and ethical components required for holistic nursing.
- Synthesize a body of knowledge whereby the inquiry skills are honed and used to conduct research, share research findings, and advance scholarly and professional goals.