How to Apply
*One of the three references being submitted must be from a supervisor at your place of employment.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Hold a current Ohio RN License.
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution and accredited nursing program.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher.
- Report current and relevant nursing employment. Application to the FNP track with preference of two years RN experience in a medical surgical unit. Application to the AGACNP track requires a minimum of two years RN experience in a critical care unit; with preference of three years of full-time RN experience with a minimum of one year in a medical/surgical unit and two years in a critical care unit. Critical care certification is also preferred.
- Provide verifications for licensure, certifications, professional insurance, health requirements, criminal background check, and other requirements that relate to a safe and legal practice of nursing. BLS for all applicants; ACLS for AGACNP applicants.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional and supervisory individuals.
- Satisfactorily complete the interview process.
- Satisfactorily complete a basic statistics class within the last 5 years with a B or higher prior to entering the program.
- Receive recommendation for admission by the post-licensure admission and progression committee members.
*This program is available to domestic students only.
- Meet all admission standards except the minimum 3.0 g.p.a.
- Successfully earn a 3.0 g.p.a. or higher by the end of semester two of the program.