Pre-Professional Track - Chemistry Major
Prepare for a career as a medical professional!
Preparing for a career in medicine?
Medical schools don't require particular college majors, but a background in chemistry will equip you for the challenging health profession as you study biochemistry, forensic chemistry, microbiology, and more.
"I really never have a boring day at work..."
- Dustin Grimm' 08
Forensic Chemist, American Institute of Toxicology
Pre-Professional Chemistry Track
Recommended additional courses:
- BIOL 131- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 132 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 313 - Principles of Immunology
- BIOL 371 - Microbiology
Core courses in chemistry major:
- CHEM 131 - General Chemistry I
- CHEM 132 - General Chemistry II
- CHEM 201 - Stewardship and Safety in Chemical Practice
- CHEM 221 - Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 312 - Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 322 - Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 335 - Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 374 - Biochemistry I
- CHEM 401 - Physical Chemistry I
- MATH 201 - Calculus I
- MATH 202 - Calculus II
- PHYS 211 - General Physics I
- PHYS 212 - General Physics II