Health Services Management Major
Learn to manage health care systems and organizations
Looking for an in-depth study of health care systems and organizations?
Examine legal issues related to health care, explore consumer health choices, and learn what you need to pursue employment in a variety of settings including managed care organizations, clinics, hospitals, home health care agencies, long term care institutions, and emergency care facilities.
"My degree gave me confidence - and the opportunity to receive a promotion! "
- Jennifer Reagan-Nichols
Organizational Management (BA) Alumna, 2010 - MGMT 204
The health services management major consists of the following 36 hours:
- MGMT 203 - Business Communications
- MGMT 304 - Principles of Management and Leadership
- MGMT 305 - Research and Statistical Methods
- MGMT 361 - Survey of Community Health
- MGMT 363 - Fundamental Principles of Health Services in the United States
- MGMT 364 - Legal Aspects of Healthcare Organizations and Management
- MGMT 407 - Faith and World Views
- MGMT 409 - Personal Values and Business Ethics
- MGMT 410 - Capstone in Liberal Arts
- MGMT 441 - Problem Solving in Management - Part I
- MGMT 442 - Problem Solving in Management - Part II
- MGMT 461 - Principles of Epidemiology