Learn to provide truly excellent care
If you want to be the kind of nurse who excels at caring competently and with compassion, Malone's baccalaureate nursing program equips
Why study Nursing at Malone?
Every eligible applicant is accepted directly into the nursing major - no
- Our graduates consistently exceed the national average
1st timeNCLEX pass rate to become an RN.
- 100% of our 2018 and 2019 graduates passed the licensure exam (NCLEX) on their first attempt.
- 100% of job-seeking graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation.
- 21st-century healthcare simulation experiences, robust clinical placements, and personalized academic support from professional RNs and experienced
facultymean you are practice-ready upon graduation.
- Individualized academic advising begins in your freshman year. You will know and be known by your adviser quickly and personally.
Research & internship opportunities
At Malone, you'll gain firsthand experience through volunteering with the Hartville Migrant Clinic or Akron Children's Hospital's ASCEND Program. There also are numerous opportunities to pursue and present research with our faculty or independently at our annual Student Research Symposium. In addition, students have enjoyed presenting at national conferences. This is excellent preparation for graduate school—and your career.
View course curriculum
The Nursing major curriculum is listed in the official Academic Catalog.
Once in the catalog, you can use the buttons (pictured left) located at the upper right of the page to plan your courses, save courses to your own personalized catalog, print, and more!
“A nurse is who I am, so in my job I get to combine my passions to be an advocate for nurses as we introduce new technology that saves lives and provides better patient care.”