Prepare to serve the next generation
Interested in serving youth and families? This major provides students with a broad preparation for the varieties of ways the Gospel of Christ is presented in today's society. The particular focus of this major is to prepare students for innovative ministries with a specific focus on adolescents and young adults and also to oversee educational ministries of a local church.
Why study Youth/Educational Ministries at Malone?
- Much of your learning will be hands-on experience through a church or para-church setting:
- Internships are a vital part of this program.
- Our professors are published authors and renowned practitioners in their fields.
- Many of our professors come from different faith traditions. You'll study and hopefully gain an appreciation for a wide variety of traditions.
- You’ll have the chance to plan your own events, such as a camp or youth conference.
- Each year students preach in community worship and have numerous opportunities for experiential ministry.
What can I do with this degree?
A degree in Youth/Educational Ministry will prepare you to pursue any number of careers, including:
- Youth minister
- Working at a Christian school
- Missionary, evangelist, or teacher
- Working for a ministry or non-profit organization
- Church Administration
- Residence director
- Media specialist
Malone’s theology programs involve internships in the fields that you’ll eventually seek employment. Our professors help connect you with local churches and para-church organization throughout the Northeast Ohio region—and you are welcome to select other internships throughout the nation or world! Our students have interned at large and small churches. Just a few include: The Chapel, First Friends Church, LoveCanton, Rivertree Christian Church, and NewPointe Community Church.
This major includes 30 credit hours from the Bible, Theology, and Ministry core, 6 credit hours from the Foundational Ministries core, and 24 credit hours from the Youth/Educational Ministries track. Each course for this major is listed in the official Academic Catalog.
Once in the catalog, you can use the buttons (pictured left) located at the upper right of the page to plan your courses, save courses to your own personalized catalog, print them, and more!
Since graduating, James has worked toward earning an M.A. in Theological Studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School while pastoring a church plant in Akron.