How to Apply for Financial Aid
Below is more information on applying for financial aid depending on whether you are a new freshman/transfer student or a returning student.
New freshmen and transfer students
Apply for admission.
To receive an application for admission, you may contact the Admissions Office by telephone at 1-800-521-1146 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit an online application.
Get an early start on Financial Aid
Visit this FAFSA forecaster site, which will enable you to see estimated federal student aid eligibility, increase your knowledge of the financial aid process, and provides outside sources of aid such as grants and scholarships. Other benefits of FAFSA4caster include:
- Automatic generation and email receipt of a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) to use on the online FAFSA application
- Pre-populate a FAFSA web application for the current processing year
- Check out the Net price calculator -note that this tool provides an average student grant award package based on family income.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To complete your FAFSA, choose one of the options below:
- File an application online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
The Malone Title IV school code is 003072 .
- Complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid mobile app.
Need assistance on filling out your FAFSA? Check out this informational video that will walk you through the process step by step and section by section.
Returning Malone students
For those students receiving any type of need-based aid such as grants, work-study or loans from the federal government, state government or Malone, the FAFSA is REQUIRED.
The renewal FAFSA may be filed electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov. March 1 remains our priority deadline.
FAFSA applications will certainly be accepted after this priority deadline, however, certain types of aid such as Perkins loans, SEOG, and work-study will not be available for students who file their FAFSA after this date due to limited funding.