Counseling and Human Development
Are you a servant leader at heart, who has a passion to help others in a meaningful way? Do you feel called to help individuals, couples, and families who are struggling mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? Then pursuing a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or School Counseling may be the right career path for you!
Respected Malone faculty bring years of counseling experience to the classroom. Take one course at a time in eight week sessions and make your dreams of working as either a Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed School Counselor come true!
Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program Features:
- The CMHC Program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Education Programs (CACREP).
- The CMHC Program has been approved by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board to meet the educational and training requirements for licensure in Ohio.
- High academic standards, resulting in a high rate of passage on the National Counselor Licensure Exam (95%)
- High quality preparation and training, resulting in a high rate of employment upon graduation (99%)
- Some of our CMHC graduate students get hired during their internships (before graduating)
School Counseling (SC) Program Features:
- The SC Program is approved by the Ohio Department of Education to meet educational and training requirements for licensure in Ohio.
- High academic standards, resulting in a high rate of passage on the Ohio Assessment for Educators 040 Exam (100%)
- High quality preparation and training, resulting in a fairly high rate of employment upon graduation (approximately 90%).