Update: March 26
To the Malone University community,
The Coronavirus Task Force has continued to meet and discuss our efforts to keep everyone safe. Based on those meetings, I write to share the following:
- Chief Student Development Officer Melody Scott and her staff recently sent all current students additional resources to help them transition through this uncertain time. Mel’s letter to students and resource material is attached.
- Director of Human Resources Jennifer Bilek and Vice President Katie Robbins collaborated to create an informational document for those employees who are deemed “essential employees” and are therefore required to come to campus to complete their responsibilities. Our environment continues to change and we will continue to monitor and meet the information needs of our employees. The document will be distributed to “essential employees” in each division through Collegium members.
- While our work to date has been focused on doing all we can to keep people safe, we have begun to think about how our students’ needs may change as a result of this pandemic. Predicting future behavior for any group is very difficult at this time. However, we’ve begun to explore options for summer offerings and ways to leverage the University’s many strengths as our new normal unfolds.
- As of this writing, we have approximately 40 students remaining in residence. We anticipate that the number will lessen as we move into April. AVI personnel have been wonderful partners as we adapt procedures to ensure students are well fed and housed.
- Deep cleaning of university buildings and grounds is continuing through the hard work of our physical plant and housekeeping staffs.
Lastly, I ask that you take a moment to thank our colleagues in Student Development who have been on the front lines to assist students during this transition. There have been many long hours filled with tears as students move away from our Malone campus. Staff have stepped forward to do whatever is necessary to meet the needs of our students through the Counseling and Health Centers, Office of Spiritual Formation, and Residence Life, including resident directors and resident assistants.
Please continue to visit this page for periodic updates. Thank you for all that each of you are doing.