AffordableCollegesOnline (ACO) Names Malone University to Best Lifetime Return on Investment List
July 18, 2013 | Release # 6670
Malone University has been ranked in the top tier of the AffordableCollegesOnline.org: "Highest Return on Investment Colleges in Ohio” list.
AffordableCollegesOnline.org (ACO) analyzed nearly 400 colleges in Ohio and ranked the top 44 colleges that provided students the biggest return on investment, noting that graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earning gap between non-degree holders during a 30-year span.
“These are important lists for prospective students to consider,” says ACO founder Dan Schuessler. “We’ve sifted through comprehensive data sources to find colleges and universities in Ohio that offer a high quality education with consistent, long-term payoffs in the workplace.”
ACO developed the following criteria for consideration as a “High ROI College”:
- Fully accredited institution
- Either public or private
- Four-year, degree-granting institution
- ROI according to PayScale’s 2013 College Value Report
ACO compiled a list of schools meeting these criteria by using the following highly respected, authoritative data sets:
- NCES ( http://nces.gov/ ), the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
- IPEDS ( http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/ ), the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational postsecondary schools in the U.S.
- Carnegie Classification ( http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/ ), a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences, and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students, or faculty.
- Payscale.com ( http://www.payscale.com/about/methodology ), the premier salary data collection organization.
Affordable Colleges Online provides students with information about affordable higher education options. The website provides financial aid videos, expert advice, and cost savings ideas. ACO is a trusted resource for college statistics and rankings.
Malone University, a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church, awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 100 academic programs. Malone has been recognized by the prestigious Templeton Foundation as a leader in character development, as one of Northeast Ohio’s Top Workplaces by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, and is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the Midwest under the category Regional Universities according to U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges 2015
Suzanne Thomas, APR
Director of University Relations
2600 Cleveland Avenue N.W., Canton, OH, 44709