Head Coach - Women's Soccer in Athletics
Head Coach - Women's Soccer
Starting Date:Until filled, Spring 2014
The position is a full-time administrative staff appointment. Appointment begins Spring 2014. Responsible to the Director of Athletics for the overall management and leadership of a Women’s Soccer program in a distinctively evangelical Christian environment.
- Develop and maintain a highly competitive intercollegiate Women’s Soccer program within the rules and guidelines of Malone University, the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (GLIAC), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA Division II)
- Must be in agreement with and willing to abide by the Malone Mission Statement and Doctrinal Statement of Faith.
- Plan, organize and manage all phases of the Women’s Soccer program including: practice and contests, athlete development and recruitment of a specific number of academically qualified student-athletes.
- Supervise, manage, and lead assistant coaches and other support staff members in an effective and productive manner.
- Manage the Women’s Soccer operational and financial aid budgets.
- Work cooperatively with faculty members, the director of admission and staff, alumni and advancement personnel, the sports information director, and all student support service and athletic department personnel.
- Attend staff development opportunities and coaches meetings.
- Assist and develop camps and clinics along with other fund raising avenues for the program.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Letter of application, resume, and two names of references are required for consideration. Must be willing and able to take and pass a security background check prior to employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
MALONE UNIVERSITY HAS AN ESTABLISHED POLICY OF EQUAL ACADEMIC AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. THIS POLICY IS APPLIED TO ALL QUALIFIED STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR ADMISSION OR EMPLOYMENT, IN ALL UNIVERSITY PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, WITHOUT UNLAWFUL DISCRIMINATION BASED ON RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, DISABILITY OR MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS.
About Malone University:
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences and professions, in the liberal arts tradition. The University is affiliated with the Evangelical Friends Church-Eastern Region. The students, faculty and staff represent more than 35 denominations. Total enrollment is approximately 2,100 students: 1,450 traditional undergraduates, 300 adult degree-completion students, and 500 graduate students pursuing any of 12 different masters programs.
About the Department:
How to Apply:
Please forward application materials to Charles Grimes, Chair of Search Committee for Head Coach of Women’s Soccer, 2600 Cleveland Ave NW, Canton, Ohio 44709. Materials can be delivered electronically to email@example.com .
Send application materials to: