Japan Service Learning Trip 2013
Dates: May 7-25
Cost: Approximately $5,200
Students who participate in the Japan trip may also include the trip as part of the academic requirements for the course GEN 225: Global Connections.
Details: Based on a relationship with International University of Japan, our tentative schedule includes:
- An inter-denominational service at Urasa Church
- Touring Minamiuonuma City and Niigata Prefecture
- Practicing functional Japanese and English language with junior/senior high school students
- Participating in a traditional Japanese tea preparation/serving
- Experiencing Japan's rice culture
- Visiting traditional sushi exhibitions
- Visiting a number of museums and temples
- Experiencing Japanese kimono costume.