As a member of a Malone Service-Learning trip, you will be responsible for a number of things:
- Regularly attending and fully participating in the training and team meetings leading up to and following your trip.
- Having the cost of your trip paid in full by January 31 for spring break trips and by April 1 for summer trips.
- Developing appropriate and effective cross-cultural communication through direct teaching from trip leaders, reading assignments, reflective work, and group discussion.
- Participating fully in the learning components of the trip.
- Participating fully in the service components of the trip.
- Developing competent group communication skills and participating in a healthy way as a member of a team.
- Acquiring a passport which will expire a minimum of 6 months after you return from the trip.
Some Thoughts on Short Term Cross-Cultural Experiences