Includes 360 degree photos of our campus hot spots!
Penn & Gurney Halls
Penn and Gurney Halls (still commonly known as PGB) are traditional residence halls joined together. PG typically houses mostly freshmen as well as many upperclassmen men. As traditional residence halls, most rooms are doubles, although we do offer a few three and four person rooms. Bathrooms are shared by the residents of each corridor and each floor has a common lounge. PG does not have air conditioning. Laundry machines are located on each floor and are free to residents.
Programs in PGB
Most people just sit on couches but here in PGB, we encourage people to stick wheels on them and race them. This event requires only fun and creativity where students will get a group together and decorate a couch with a specific theme in mind and then race them against other teams. Costumes are paramount and fun is had by all who participate.
The Hog Roast
As the school year starts to wind down there is a desire to kick back and relax. Here at PGB we do that in fine fashion complete with a Root Beer Keg and Hog Roast. It usually falls a week or two before finals in the spring semester but it's always a blast to see guys throwing Frisbees and playing Cornhole, while anxiously awaiting a plethora of pork.
Each room contains a bed, desk and chair, clothes closet and drawers, overhead light, desk light and draperies. Each hall contains a TV lounge, laundry facilities, microwave, water fountains and vending machines.
*See the Residence Life Booklet for more information on decorations and room modification.
Door Dimensions: 30-5/8"
Room Dimensions: 16'5" x 11'
Window Dimensions: 51" x 94"
Bed Dimensions: 79 ¾" x 36 ½" **Bed dimensions may fluctuate slightly. We strongly recommend that you measure your bed frame prior to building your loft.
Mattress: 36" x 80"
Ceiling Height: 8'
If you are interested in building your own loft for WWF or PGB, it must meet the following criteria:
- Lofts are to be freestanding, at least 24” from the mattress to the ceiling, and at least 3' away from entrances and exits for a clear, safe passageway.
- Lofts may not interfere with any electrical or safety devices.
- Lofts may not be larger than two single bed sleep surfaces.
- College furniture (including any built in desks) may not be used as part of the support structure for any part of the loft.
- Lofts are to be placed in the rooms within the first two weeks of the semester.
- Lofts will be inspected and approved by the Resident Director, who will assure all university requirements are met.
- All University furniture is to remain in the room and on the floor of the room (no sub-floors or mezzanine levels).
- Lofts must also follow the Room Modification guidelines in the Residence Life Booklets.
- Loft Permits must be submitted to your Resident Director before the third week of the semester.
Meet the Staff
"I started as an RD at Malone in 2013, but it was not my first year as part of the Malone community. I am a proud alum of Malone having graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration. It was my experience as a student living on campus that exposed me to the great community that exists in the residence halls, and it taught me valuable lessons on how to affirm others in discipleship. I live in Haviland Hall with my beautiful wife Lexi (she is 2010 graduate of Malone). I also hold a Master of Arts Degree in Higher Education from Geneva College, which basically means I went back to school to pursue my desire for working with college students. My goals for men's residence life is to see the halls be a place where every man understands that he is part of a larger community and that community focuses its efforts on understanding God's purpose for us. I love spending time with the men of my building watching movies and Browns games, playing sports outside, having conversations over a warm cup of coffee or talking about music. I hope that PGB can be a place where you feel welcome and challenged to grow in your faith!"
Assistant Resident Director
Jake Bohrer GY 213
- Michael Husk PN 107
- Jake Bohrer GY 213
- Lorne Strasbaugh GY 101
- Dante Raffin PN 211
PG Floor Plan