There are a number of free services offered to students who are living off-campus.*
Free Services include:
- Two free meals for our dining hall are activated on your student ID card during the first month of EACH semester of enrollment. Putting personal funds on your student ID card to use in the AVI-serviced dining hall or cafes will act as a debit card and gives you a 15% discount on all purchases.
- Lockers are available in the Commuter Lounge in Founders Hall 60, on the lowest level of the library, and outside of Timken Science 100.
- The Wellness Center facilities can help you get - or stay - in shape! Initial fitness assessments are free to all Malone students. Showers and lockers are provided - bring your own lock!
- The Health Center offers daytime medical care to students enrolled in eight or more semester hours. A nurse is on staff daily and the medical doctor is available by appointment. The Health Center is located in lower Whittier Hall - or make a doctor's appointment by calling 330-471-8340.
- Professional short-term counseling services are free to all students enrolled in eight or more semester hours. The Counseling Center is located on the third level of the Barn at 330-471-8439.
- Peer tutoring for 100- and 200- level courses is available in Library Seminar F (second floor). Free walk-in session times are also posted on the door and begin the second week of each semester. Math tutors work in the library lower level (26 D) from 4-5 and 6-8 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Use the Peer Tutoring Request form to register.
- The Writing Center takes one-half hour appointments to help with writing assignments. They are located at the library entrance - call them at 330-471-8327.
- Career Advisers provide free assessment tools for help in major and career planning that matches strengths, interests, and abilities. Visit the Center for Student Success in Founders Hall 68 or call 330-471-8250.
* Many of these services are offered to ALL undergraduate students, but many are specifically geared for commuting students.