If you are interested in building your own loft for WWF or PGB, it must meet the following criteria:
- Lofts are to be freestanding, at least 24” from the mattress to the ceiling, and at least 3' away from entrances and exits for a clear, safe passageway. Lofts may not interfere with any electrical or safety devices.
- Lofts may not be larger than two single bed sleep surfaces.
- College furniture (including any built in desks) may not be used as part of the support structure for any part of the loft.
- Lofts are to be placed in the rooms within the first two weeks of the semester.
- Lofts will be inspected and approved by the Resident Director, who will assure all university requirements are met.
- All University furniture is to remain in the room and on the floor of the room (no sub-floors or mezzanine levels).
- Lofts must also follow the Room Modification guidelines in the Residence Life Booklets.