Student Health Center
Compassionate Health Care Services for Malone Students
The Health Center is located on the first floor of Whittier Hall, accessible through Meyers Lounge or Fox Breezeway.
The Malone University Health Center is managed by Mercy Medical Center, who provides basic medical service for all ill and injured students who are registered for a minimum of eight credit hours. Registered nurses are on duty to assess students on a walk-in basis with appointments to see the physician as necessary.
Health Center Hours
Monday & Wednesday*
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday*
9 am – 5:30p.m.
8:30a.m. – 3 p.m.
*Closed for chapel on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
The Health Center is closed for all scheduled breaks, holidays, and over the summer months.
Health Center Staff
Bruce Hensley, DO
Janet Perko, RN
Cathy Stephen, RN
- Free nurse assessments, physician visits, and over-the-counter medication. *Limited prescription medication may be provided as ordered by the physician.
- Referrals to other physicians/specialists per health center physician, or by personal request can be arranged but are not financed by the student health center.
- Immunizations are offered at a fee (including TB testing) to meet academic, employment, and overseas travel requirements.
- Laboratory services include free limited in-house testing, with outpatient testing as ordered by the Health Center physician and paid for by student’s insurance coverage.
- Allergy shots or other health programs as ordered and directed by own physicians can be maintained by the Student Health Center staff contingent upon specified protocol completion.
- Weight and blood pressure monitoring as ordered by physician or personal request.
- Sick tray orders for resident students are available at the student health center and provided at the discretion of a nurse. When the center is closed, students should contact their resident assistant or resident director for sick tray orders.
- Limited medical equipment is available for short-term use. Free health literature is available to all students.
- Student health records are maintained by Mercy Medical Staff at the Student Health Center, and are available upon request per a signed medical release. *Copies of immunization records for employment or transfer are available if information was provided on the Malone Health Information Record at time of admission. Information received from other facilities is NOT re-disclosed to the student or another medical provider.
Note: The student health center does not issue excuse slips for classes missed due to illness. The student is responsible for contacting their professors for any classes missed.