Outlined are some of the resources available to your students when they utilize our services:
- Your student can meet with someone in our office for career guidance as early as their first year for help in figuring out a career direction, making plans, skill assessments, and more.
- We offer the Malone.MyPlan.com assessments and students should schedule follow-up interpretation appointment - this site also helps students explore and choose a major.
- We encourage students to determine their vocational abilities, skills and talents
- We help students earn to articulate who they are and what they want to do
- We steer students to maximize career-related opportunities to gain insight and experience in work areas of interest
- Students can activate a MaloneCareerConnect.com account to view Federal Work Study, part-time/seasonal jobs, internships, career-entry positions as well as announcements, career events and resources
- We encourage students to research graduate schools, companies and organizations nationwide and abroad that interest them
- We prepare students to present themselves in a professional and personable manner
- We teach students how to network with employers on- and off-campus
- We introduce students to successful alumni during our Alumni Career chapels and Young Professional Chocolate Fountain Open House events
- We coordinate and participate in numerous internship/job and graduate school fairs
- We help students coordinate information interviews with professionals in the field, family, friends and employers
- We help students seek Internships and part-time jobs to engage in an experiential learning experience as early as their sophomore year
Suggested Activities and Reading:
- Send your student notes of encouragement and inspiration. Remind them of the skills, strengths, talents, abilities and wisdom you see in them. Help them visualize opportunities and think without fear.
- Consider the following books:
- Courage and Calling: Embracing Your God-Given Potential by Gordon T. Smith along with the study guide
- Live Your Calling: A Practical Guide to Finding and Fulfilling by Kevin Brennfleck and Kay Marie Brennfleck
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson, M.D.