Check-in times and locations, and what you can expect for Monday, June 25.
This packing list is designed to help you prepare for your Science Careers Camp class sessions, as well as participation in evening social activities-- usually held outside (weather-permitting). If you have questions about this list, please contact the Academic Camps Director.
Casual summer attire is appropriate for Science Careers Camp. Modest casual dress including jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are acceptable for camp activities. Shorts should be no shorter than halfway between the top of the knee and the top of the thigh. Midriff-style shirts are not allowed. The academic buildings utilized during the day are air-conditioned and can be a bit chilly. Please plan accordingly.
Specialized gear appropriate for a chemistry lab:
- Splash-protection goggles (these will be provided for you if you do not have any)
- Closed- toed shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs, etc.)
- Long pants (no shorts, skirts, dresses, etc.)
- Shirts appropriate for a lab setting (no tank tops, half-shirts, etc.).
- If you have long hair, bring something to tie your hair back in a pony tail or bun, etc.
Other items to bring with you:
- Long pants/sweatshirt suitable for outside activities at night
- Bedding for a twin-long bed
- Towel/pillow/laundry bag
- Toiletries/shower shoes
- Hand soap/hand towel for the bathroom
- Sun screen/insect repellent
- Rain gear
- Water bottle
- Notebook with pen
Before you can receive your room key at check-in, we must have the following information on file:
Student information for photo ID (used for access to Blossom Hall; a keepsake at the end of the week)